A very friendly and welcoming team awaits you at Graforth Golf Club, along with members that are ever keen to meet and greet new people to our facilities. Like any good golf club and for the benefit of members and visitors alike we have some club guidelines to assist everyone in having the best possible experience at Garforth Golf Club and we look forward to welcoming you.
Like most golf clubs, we operate a standard dress code that we politely remind visitors of, and ask that you follow the points below, which are representative of acceptable dress.
The R&A Rules of Golf sets out the etiquette and standards expected by all players.
These can be viewed in full at http://www.randa.org/RulesEquipment/Rules/Rules-Explorer
In addition to this, the Club have a number of traditions which we request that all members and visitors adhere to.
- Allow the Club Captain and President priority on the first tee
- When 2 tee starts are in operation, all players (those commencing their round and continuing after playing their first nine holes) must alternate on the 1st and 10th tee
- A single player is asked not to play two balls, as this is considered practicing on the course and is prohibited
- Players should not push/pull trolleys between the greens and rear of greenside bunkers at any time
- In winter, the greens and surrounds are protected by ropes, metal wires or a painted white line. Please ensure you do not take your trolley beyond these areas
- When leaving the 18th green, exit to the left onto the perimeter path leading to the first tee: please do not cross in front of or over the 10th tee
- Please give priority to those players competing in major competitions
- Within the Clubhouse, mobile phones should be placed on silent mode. If answered, calls should be taken in a quiet area such as the staircase landing or car park
- Mobile phones should only be used on the course in the case of an emergency